Tuesday, September 11, 2012

13 Reasons Why

13 Reasons Why  
       Clay Jensen’s s friend Hannah Baker commits suicide in high school. A few weeks later Clay gets an anonymously sent box of 7 caste tapes. Each side of the tapes is one person that is one of the 13 reasons that contributed to Hannah getting depressed and eventually killing herself.
            After reading all her reasons why I don’t think they are enough to drive a person to killing them self I mean people have different tolerances for pain but I don’t think that the reasons would drive anyone without a previous mental condition, witch is not mentioned in the book, would kill them self’s after what happened to Hannah. What I think is the worst thing that happened to her is she stayed in a hot tub while a guy “raped” he, but it was very obvious she could have gotten out and left. I think that for her to have killed herself for a legitimate reason she would have had to have either have a previous mental condition, have had worse things happen to her, or be a mix of all of the above, with a killer attention problem.
 I thought that the book was well written in the way that it was half one life and half another but still had a clear main character and smooth transitions between the stories. Another thing I found interesting is that the story takes place in a little over one day, but the entire book is only 245 pages.
What I found most interesting is that by reading this book you could get inside a suicide victims head and see what would supposedly drive people to take their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment